Thursday 9 August 2012

Security at the Olympics

Everyone's talking about the Olympics - even while my family and I were on holiday everyone was asking why we weren't back in London to see it. So I thought I'd write an Olympic-themed post. Yesterday we went to watch the athletics because my dad managed to get tickets. It was a really fun day but actually what stood out for me was the way the security was managed. I was expecting an over-the-top, police everywhere with intemidating stares, approach. But I was actually really surprised at how calm and unobtrusive it all was. You weren't made to feel like a criminal when going through security or to feel uncomfortable when walking next to Police Officers/Soldiers. Everyone was very friendly and smiley. It doesn't sound very important, but it really does make a difference. I definitely feel that the way security was organised was just right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment