Wednesday 4 January 2012

Throw in the towel Christians!

Christmas has just gone and it amazes me that people are still trying to focus the holiday completely on religion. I agree that for Christians, Christmas is a religious celebration - however I think that the desperate attempt to make everyone turn their holiday into a Christian thing is just plain silly. The advertisement which I saw everywhere recently was "However you dress it is, Christmas begins with Christ". It's a good advert, don't get me wrong, but I believe it is time for them to realise, for many people Christmas is about family, food, presents etc. With the exception of carols, many people don't even consider the fact that Jesus was (apparently) born on the 25th of December. So I recon it's time to accept that although Christmas was obviously once a Christian celebration, so many people celebrate it now - there is no need to force people to say grace because 'it's Jesus' birthday', as my grandad insists on doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment